• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange database files priv1.edb and priv1.stm

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Exchange database files priv1.edb and priv1.stm Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange database files priv1.edb and priv1.stm - 21.Aug.2003 8:59:00 AM   
drohan

My priv1.stm + priv1.edb database sizes remains same since couple of days. My mailing system is working fine but there is no any effect on database sizes. The same is with pub1.edb & pub1.stm. Please provide me solution why does this happens and what is the solution for this.

Thks in Advance.

Piyush Mistry
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange database files priv1.edb and priv1.stm - 7.Sep.2003 6:51:00 AM   
abraham

Hi. When the EDBs and STMs are online you cannot see the real size of the database, to reduce the size you can made a Defrag offline. to delete the Logs you can use a NTbackup online. if you are short of Disk you can enable Circular Logging (not recommneded for disaster recovery).

(in reply to drohan)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange database files priv1.edb and priv1.stm - 8.Sep.2003 1:29:00 PM   
drohan

Hi,

We have been taking offline backup (stopping IS,SA and MTA services) every night since we installed the exchange server. We take system state backup.But one fine day(?) the info store size reached 14GB and we did an offline defrag after which the size shot down to 7.75GB and it is still the same for more than 1 month now. We have corrected and now started to take online backup of exchange mailbox. We have chked the log files,they are getting updated too.
But the concern is after all this, the Information store size has not increased more than 7.75GB..
I hope, I am able to explain the prob properly now...plz help !

(in reply to drohan)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Exchange database files priv1.edb and priv1.stm Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter