Recreating the Mailbox Store (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores

gregw -> Recreating the Mailbox Store (23.Aug.2003 9:48:00 AM)

My settings on my virus scanner got reset, so it scanned my information store and removed my .stm of my mailbox store. That file is no longer on my system is there any way to recreate it?

Thanks,
Greg

Henrik Walther -> RE: Recreating the Mailbox Store (23.Aug.2003 7:51:00 PM)

Hello Dynamix/Greg,

Don't you have a backup to restore it from ?

Regards

Guest -> RE: Recreating the Mailbox Store (24.Aug.2003 8:07:00 PM)

Yes & no, however I created a new store and am running on that with a previous back up from 3 days before. I moved the 5 users to that for now. what i would like to do is merge the old and new db togethor? Is that possible

gregw -> RE: Recreating the Mailbox Store (24.Aug.2003 8:07:00 PM)

Yes & no, however I created a new store and am running on that with a previous back up from 3 days before. I moved the 5 users to that for now. what i would like to do is merge the old and new db togethor? Is that possible

Henrik Walther -> RE: Recreating the Mailbox Store (24.Aug.2003 9:47:00 PM)

Are both mailstores mounted ? If yes you could exmerge users from one of the stores to .PST files and then merge them into the other store.

If it isn't possible to mount the most recent mailstore, and you would like to extract information from it anyway, you can extract data directly from the .edb file (yes while it's unmounted! [Eek!] ) with a program called PowerControls, read more about it here:

http://www.ontrack.com/powercontrols/

Page: [1]