• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Deleting users and their mailboxes !

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Deleting users and their mailboxes ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deleting users and their mailboxes ! - 8.Sep.2003 5:57:00 PM   
raedaljarrah

Dear all ...

I have about 100 old users within the active directory . I have deleted them all with the box ( mark each selected mail box for deletion ) checked .
Using the Exchange 2000 system manager I have found that their mailboxes are marked with a red sign but they are still their occupying space .
I decided to delete them manually using the purge option .
Is there any way to automatically delete the user and his associated mailbox in a single step ?

Thanks

"[Roll
Post #: 1
RE: Deleting users and their mailboxes ! - 8.Sep.2003 9:43:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

Hello Raed Al-Jarrah,

You would need to set the Deleted Mailbox Retention time to 0, but that wouldn't be a good idea.

When the day comes, where you by mistake delete an AD user, you will love and praise the Deleted Mailboxes Retention feature. You will then be able to recreate the user plus mailbox in minutes.

Regards

(in reply to raedaljarrah)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Deleting users and their mailboxes ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter