• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Stm come growing more than the edb

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Stm come growing more than the edb Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stm come growing more than the edb - 11.Sep.2003 6:23:00 PM   
Masterboy

Hi, i have a exchange server 2003 and my files .stm come growing more than my .edb files. For example my Priv1.edb have 959.560KB and my priv1.stm have 3.667.976KB. Any one can help me please !? Thanks a lot.
Post #: 1
RE: Stm come growing more than the edb - 11.Sep.2003 9:03:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

Hello Fernando Master,

Sounds like your users sends a lot of video, audio, voice, http files etc.

As you probably know the .STM file holds non-exchange files, while the .EDB file holds Rich text formatted messages, like email messages etc.

Regards

(in reply to Masterboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Stm come growing more than the edb - 11.Sep.2003 10:17:00 PM   
Masterboy

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your answer, but I didnt understand well how it works. Im a little worried about it, because we have a 70Gb storage for 3.000 users.We limited the storage for each user at 20Mb, imagining that the maximum of space that we could have is 60Gb. If I limit an user only to have 20Mb of storage, and its content could be a clear text, or some files, videos, images, it means that it is storaged in two files (.edb and .stm) and the maximum amount of space that I will have is the sum of both ?

(in reply to Masterboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Stm come growing more than the edb - 12.Sep.2003 3:32:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

quote:
Originally posted by Fernando Master:

If I limit an user only to have 20Mb of storage, and its content could be a clear text, or some files, videos, images, it means that it is storaged in two files (.edb and .stm) and the maximum amount of space that I will have is the sum of both ?

Exactly [Big Grin]

Regards

(in reply to Masterboy)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Stm come growing more than the edb Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter