• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Top of information Store

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Top of information Store Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Top of information Store - 16.Mar.2004 2:46:00 PM   
madcow

Veritas 9.1 Backup fails saying:

Access denied to file username (Top of information store inbox)

Security Errors - Access is denied.

Any ideas guys - It started failing after I installed Symantec Mail.

"[Mad]"
Post #: 1
RE: Top of information Store - 16.Mar.2004 3:37:00 PM   
Randy Temple

Make sure you backup exec job engine is started witht you domain admin acccount. Also if you open up 9.1 and click on network then click on logon. In here you will see system logon account. the username should be your admin account default set to yes, type common, owner should be the admin account. I really have had no experience with symantec mail. If you have a support contract with veritas i suggest asking them on the issue. With 9.1 i have noticed a lot of database corrupt errors and such. I was one of the lucky ones to get to their tier "3" support and their final conclusion was to purchase their open file option. Many times when trying to backup a database they are either in use or getting maintence ran on them during the night. Installing the open file option allowed me to get complete backups. Wether or not the file is in use it will back it up. The open file option takes a snap shot of the file in use and allows for backup.

(in reply to madcow)
Post #: 2
RE: Top of information Store - 16.Mar.2004 5:09:00 PM   
madcow

Randy:

Everything is set according to as you mentioned and Admin has all rights to backup.

I guess I need to buy that "open file option" from Veritas - What is the cost?

Backup was cool till I installed the Mail Security. I guess I'll call Symantec now.

Yes, database corrupt errors and so I am also seeing it now in the backup report.

Thanks,

[Mad]

[ March 16, 2004, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: madcow ]

(in reply to madcow)
Post #: 3
RE: Top of information Store - 16.Mar.2004 6:15:00 PM   
Randy Temple

If you got through a vendor like insight or cdw you can probably get it anywhere between 550 and 650 dollars american. I think vertias sells it for 695 directly from them. If you do purchase when pushing the install of the OFO to machines it requires a restart. [Smile]

(in reply to madcow)
Post #: 4
RE: Top of information Store - 16.Mar.2004 8:49:00 PM   
madcow

From the price it looks as if it is a big product?

(in reply to madcow)
Post #: 5
RE: Top of information Store - 16.Mar.2004 8:56:00 PM   
Randy Temple

nah, veritas just like to pull every bit of money out of you they can. For instance you have noticed the exchange agent, sql agent. It isnt even software. You will purchase this you wont even get a cd. Just an adobe file stating the contract number. just go in and pick install components on this computer it installs the ofo so you can distribute the ofo to other clients. I think veritas actually has all of this stuff pre loaded and you have to have the contract number and almost use it as a key to unlock it. This would be like microsoft releasing a new version of thier Operating system and having to purchase the "my computer" option just to get into explorer.

(in reply to madcow)
Post #: 6
RE: Top of information Store - 17.Mar.2004 2:36:00 PM   
madcow

Randy:

I have achieved some some success here ... What I do now is ... before my backup starts I stop the Mail Securty Service and when the backup is done it starts the service. Just created a batch file.

But one mailbox still failed by showing one message that it is corrupt and sitting in top of information store. I went to the users Outlook and he has that message under Outlook Today.

I was told to delete anything which shows up under Outlook Today? Is that right? If I do that am I not deleting the users mail?

I tried to disable that folder but still did not help - I went into the Outlook Today's Properties and unchecked the option of "Show home page by default for this folder".

Any tips?

[Mad]

(in reply to madcow)
Post #: 7
RE: Top of information Store - 4.Dec.2004 11:29:00 AM   
You were on the right track with stopping the anti-virus being related to the first backup problem. Instead of stopping the mail security service though, there is an option under the "advanced" button on the server's "real time protection option" to not have the anti-virus scan files being backed up. Uncheck the box labeled "open for backup" and I think you won't have to stop your services anymore. I hope this helps.

(in reply to madcow)
  Post #: 8

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Top of information Store Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter