Move Storage groups or Information Stores between 2003 server (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores

xxraptorxx -> Move Storage groups or Information Stores between 2003 server (22.Jun.2004 8:53:00 PM)

I want to Move all the Storage groups and information stores from one Exchange 2003 server to another in the same Site
having a bit of trouble finding the info to do this other then Creating new Storage groups and Stores on new srever and just moving the mail boxes one by one if that is the only way I guess so be it just hoping there is a way to move the entire store at once
thx for the info

mark@mvps.org -> RE: Move Storage groups or Information Stores between 2003 server (24.Jun.2004 9:39:00 PM)

You are safer doing the mailbox move process.
You don't have to do them one by one though. You can select multiple accounts and move the mailboxes together and you can also schedule them if necessary.

xxraptorxx -> RE: Move Storage groups or Information Stores between 2003 server (25.Jun.2004 7:33:00 AM)

ya thats how I did it now just trying to figure out how and why I cant delete these 2 Stores so I can uninstall the server so I can cleanly remove it, only mail boxes on the account is the system attendant and system and the SMTP cant delete them becuse there are no exchange task for them and cant find a user using those mail boxes so working on that now if you have any ideas let me know =)

Gilmoro -> RE: Move Storage groups or Information Stores between 2003 server (30.Jul.2004 10:59:00 PM)

To the person above me: If I am understanding you correctly, just make sure all users except for those 2 do not have exchange features on. Then run the uninstaller over and over again until it decides to work. I did it 3 times and it finally worked the third time. Restart between tries.

Page: [1]