• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Recover Exchange 2000 datastore into 2003 datsstore

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Recover Exchange 2000 datastore into 2003 datsstore Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recover Exchange 2000 datastore into 2003 datsstore - 12.Jan.2005 2:22:00 PM   
ZarnyWhoop

I recently had a total failure of our system disk, and as luck would have it, the most recent backup (with all the transaction logs) was unreadable. Other backups were too old to be of use.

We were running SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000 SP3. Luckily, the data stores (of which the private store is the only one I care about) are totally intact and readable, and its this I need to recover into a 2003 data store.

We have bought and built a brand new server, installed and set up Exchange and it works fine. We re-created our AD structure, etc etc, but of course all GUIDs are now different.

Any ideas how I can do pull the data out of the old store and push it into the new store? Anyone's help would be very gratefully received.

-- Rob.
Post #: 1
RE: Recover Exchange 2000 datastore into 2003 datsstore - 12.Jan.2005 3:57:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

You could use tools such as OnTrack's PowerControls or Aelita Exchange Recovery Manager:

http://www.ontrack.com/powercontrols

http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanagerexchange

(in reply to ZarnyWhoop)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Recover Exchange 2000 datastore into 2003 datsstore Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter