• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Store DN does not match...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Store DN does not match... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Store DN does not match... - 19.Feb.2005 5:34:00 PM   
jlgruen

I have a customer that had installed a pirated copy of Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. He had ran like that for several months and of course had not activated the install. We came across him because he was having some issues and we discovered this situation. Of course we could not get logged into the server, so we got him licensed with SBS 2003 and I did a parallel install. I am attempting to migrate the store from the old install over to the new install. He has no backup and his old AD setup was a mess. In my new install, I created a new/better directory setup, but now the store's DNs do not match. So the short part of the questions is, can I somehow change the DN on the store? Or is there something I am overlooking? If I redo my SBS install with the same Directory dn as his old install, can I then somehow get the information (ntbackup?) out to a format that I can import into a new store under a better directory? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Store DN does not match... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter