• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Messages Size Limits

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Messages Size Limits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Messages Size Limits - 9.Jun.2000 10:47:00 AM   
Manue

How do you activate the option Message Sizes (IN/OUT) on recipients without entering manually the info on each or exporting/importing data?
Tx.
Post #: 1
RE: Messages Size Limits - 9.Jun.2000 11:07:00 AM   
dleger

From the Private information store...

Select private information store, and then the options button... The warning and stop limts are there... One that is setup... Each user should be set to "use information store defaults" ... This is the default, but if you have changed any, you will need to go back..

Hope this helps,

D

(in reply to Manue)
Post #: 2
RE: Messages Size Limits - 15.Jun.2000 2:44:00 PM   
Manue

By Message sizes, I was talking about the actual message size limit, not the mailbox size limit. ;-)
Am still looking around though for an answer....

(in reply to Manue)
Post #: 3
RE: Messages Size Limits - 15.Jun.2000 4:32:00 PM   
rhogue

I do not believe that the message size can be limited to a user on the same server. Instead this should only be controlled by setting limits on the mailbox size. Obviously, you can limit the message size in the MTA and Connectors. For example, go to the properties page of the MTA. On the General page, you can set size restrictions on messages that will pass through that MTA.

Also, you can limit the number of recipients that can be included in an individual message by making a registry change.

(in reply to Manue)
Post #: 4
RE: Messages Size Limits - 16.Jun.2000 12:42:00 PM   
Jeff

There is no way to do this without either manaully entering data under the Limit tab on each mailbox, or by using the Export/Import function.

There is no Global Incoming/Outgoing setting.

(in reply to Manue)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Messages Size Limits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter