• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Recovery Storage Group database cannot mount

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Recovery Storage Group database cannot mount Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recovery Storage Group database cannot mount - 18.Jul.2005 1:13:00 AM   
we300b2a3

Hi,

I am using win2003 server SP1 + exchange 2003 + SP1. My exchange server just crash and I reinstalled everything with the same IP and server name.

I restored the mail backup (from my old exchange server) to the recovery storage group of the new server but the database cannot be mounted (error c1041724). The database size of 16GB

Anybody can help ?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Recovery Storage Group database cannot mount - 19.Jul.2005 9:23:00 AM   
feedmetwinkies

Yes there is a modification you can make to your registry- here is the MS article-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828070/

just make sure you defrag it- there is a link to the article that shows you how- you may want to read my post asking about creating new message stores and moving mailboxes- good luck

(in reply to we300b2a3)
Post #: 2
RE: Recovery Storage Group database cannot mount - 23.Jul.2005 1:01:00 AM   
isawader

If you rebuilt the server new with empty database, you don't have to use the recovery storage group. You can restore the mailboxes and public folder straight from the backup to the default storage group. If you used the recovery storage group and exmerged, you loose the single instance storage and may exceed the 16gb limit.

(in reply to we300b2a3)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Recovery Storage Group database cannot mount Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter