• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Shared calendar notifications

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Shared calendar notifications Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shared calendar notifications - 27.Jul.2005 9:47:00 AM   
Bento

We have a small network whit 5 users. We use Exchange 2003 & MS Outlook.

One user shares his calendar which is used by all others for all appointments.

But:

Only the user who's sharing his calendar gets notifications (the little popup) of upcoming appointments the others don't.

Is there a way to get a notification for the other users of a upcoming event/ appointment when this appointment is recorded in the shared calendar?

Thanks in advance, Bento
Post #: 1
RE: Shared calendar notifications - 28.Jul.2005 10:47:00 AM   
Panic Mecanic

Hi,

A users(Usr1) mailbox calendar BELONGS to that specific user, he/she can share it and other people can put appointments in it but only THAT user (that owns the calendar) will recieve pop ups, why coz its his/her calendar!

So get your users to use their own calendar [Smile] or that can continue to use that users(usr1) calendar but for every appointment that another user (usr2) creates usr 2 will have to invite him/herself to that appointment, then a little box will pop up.

It is a stupid way to do it coz if your company is using Exch2k3 and Outlook 2k3 then just get evryone to use their own Calendar...thats what the products were designed for!

Hope that helps..
Panic

(in reply to Bento)
Post #: 2
RE: Shared calendar notifications - 23.Aug.2005 4:10:00 PM   
Mathiau

But why have 5 people enter in the same info on the same day when you could have 1 central record for all to access / see and get pop up's?

kind of makes for repetative work.

(in reply to Bento)
Post #: 3
RE: Shared calendar notifications - 20.Sep.2005 4:54:14 PM   
OPTester4

There is a new Program that can blow away all others away. Its for small offices its called OfficePax.  OfficePax has Shared Calendar/ Task/ Email/ Contacts/. It also has in office messaging. If you want to check it out here is the link http://www.OfficePax.com

OfficePax The Next Best Thing For Small Offices.

(in reply to Bento)
Post #: 4
RE: Shared calendar notifications - 4.Jul.2006 6:55:49 AM   
simkin101

I have a similar setup for one of my clients.  Just to give a little more detail:  This is a Law Office, and there is only one lawyer, and 3 secretaries.  All 3 secretaries enter data into the lawyer's calendar so she can access it and know what appointments.

I currently have all 3 of the secretaries logging in under their own names, and like you mentioned, they don't get any alerts about upcoming meetings/schedules.

I am thinking about just simply having them all login to the server using the lawyer's name, so they all have the same exact Outlook view.  They only have one email account there, too, so it would work perfectly as far as I can tell.  That's my best suggestion!

NOTE: You CAN still have them all have their own My Documents store on the server by simply mapping different shared folders to My Documents depending on which computer they are sitting at.

(in reply to Bento)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Shared calendar notifications Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter