How can I receive all messages to a domain? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General

Guest -> How can I receive all messages to a domain? (11.Jun.2000 1:15:00 PM)

Hi. I need to set up a mailbox to receive messages sent to *any* user in an Internet domain. In other words, messages sent to "admin@mydomain.com" or "info@mydomain.com" or "dave@mydomain.com" should all be routed into the same Exchange mailbox. I don't want to set up separate users in that domain.

Apologies if this Q has been asked before but I have only just found this forum!

Guest -> RE: How can I receive all messages to a domain? (14.Jun.2000 1:11:00 PM)

I have a same problem and still didn't find the solutions.
I am hosting multiple internet domains on my Exchange server. And I wonder is it even possible to setup the 'catch all' account?
Meaning one user gets all the mail sent to *@domain.

KennGuilstorf -> RE: How can I receive all messages to a domain? (15.Jun.2000 11:46:00 AM)

I've never heard of anyone wanting to do this -- and I'm not sure it can be done with Exchange. However, you may wish to look at your IMS connector's Address Space Tab. I *think* that it might be able to be done there, but I don't have a lab site to test at the moment (and my employers wouldn't be too happy with me if I messed up our production IMS)...

HTH,
Kenn

Guest -> RE: How can I receive all messages to a domain? (15.Jun.2000 12:42:00 PM)

I have a similar problem. I would like one account (or maybe a server-side script) to intercept all messages formatted like number@mydomain.com.
Any idea how to do that ? ;o)

Guest -> RE: How can I receive all messages to a domain? (17.Jun.2000 2:06:00 AM)

not allowed per RFC

can have non delverable mail forwarded to the email admin, but a Non deliverly report is still generated to the sender.

a kludge is to use sendmail to relay from sendmail.domain.com to domain.com
It remains as MX for the domains, when mail comes in it just aliases it to user@exchange.domain.com. For the adhoc addresses, the @domain.com virtualuser entry is aliased to mailsorter@exchange.domain.com.
Default reply-to is set to user@domain.com at the exchange side.

sendmail.domain.com is set as smarthost for exchange.domain.com so that mail
is not spam-bounced as coming from an SMTP server that is not the MX. This
makes email work just like we want, but adding/removing users is overly
tedious

This info was plagiarized from another BBS

gmancilla -> RE: How can I receive all messages to a domain? (12.Jan.2001 12:19:00 PM)

Sirmo how did you setup your Exchange server to Host Multiple internet domains?

quote:
Originally posted by Sirmo:
I have a same problem and still didn't find the solutions.
I am hosting multiple internet domains on my Exchange server. And I wonder is it even possible to setup the 'catch all' account?
Meaning one user gets all the mail sent to *@domain.

Gary Spechko -> RE: How can I receive all messages to a domain? (15.Jan.2001 2:54:00 PM)

gmancilla,
To have exchange receive mail for multiple domain names, simply add them in the routing tab of IMS (names routed as inbound). My exchange server serves as a mail server for at least half a dozen domains this way.

You still have to manually add users with the @newdomain.com address, of course, and you have to put an MX record in the DNS records for each domain to point to your mail server, but it's a very straightforward procedure.

Cheers,
G

Guest -> RE: How can I receive all messages to a domain? (16.Jan.2001 6:15:00 AM)

You can receive all INCOMING mail for any user in your domain, but not outgoing mail.

WBR Bublik_RUS

Guest -> RE: How can I receive all messages to a domain? (16.Jan.2001 12:41:00 PM)

I have found the decision of the given problem!
Look at readme.htm at documentation for ServicePack2 for Exchange5.5 about "Message Journaling".

WBR Bublik_RUS

Guest -> RE: How can I receive all messages to a domain? (16.Jan.2001 12:42:00 PM)

I have found the decision of the given problem!
Look at readme.htm at documentation for ServicePack2 for Exchange5.5 about "Message Journaling".

For details mail me at bublik@beep.ru

WBR Bublik_RUS

Nightwatch -> RE: How can I receive all messages to a domain? (11.Jun.2001 7:00:00 PM)

Mike,

Did you enter the username as :
DOMAIN/LOGIN_NAME/ALIAS ?

ex. : ODIT/MY_LOGIN/MY_ALIAS

This is the method you have to authorize yourself on the server using POP.

,Tim

Page: [1]