• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

"Disappearing" Message

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> "Disappearing" Message Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Disappearing" Message - 13.Jul.2000 11:22:00 AM   
David Barnes

We sent out an e-mail newsletter to about 20 SMTP recipients. The message was sent as a public folder. One of the recipients generated an Out-of-office reply that did not reach the public folder. I sent a message the PF's SMTP e-mail address from a Hotmail account and that reached the PF. I used message tracking to see what happened to the first (OOF) message. It said that the message had been deilvered to the Public Information Store. I have checked the Event Viewer but found nothing, save the IMC Message Transfer event. We have IMC Archiving enabled so I was able to confirm the message contents - they're nothing spectacular.

Can anyone suggest where this message went? I am considering it to be no different to any other SMTP message, so I'm concerned that other (important) messages to that address could go missing.

EX 5.5 SP3.

Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> "Disappearing" Message Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter