• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Permissions to Distribution lists

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Permissions to Distribution lists Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Permissions to Distribution lists - 24.Oct.2000 3:43:00 PM   
Dufferin

I have a big problem and I pray someone knows the answer. I have maintenance technicians in several locations who have rights or permissions to add users to their specific distribution lists. It got to the point that I would have to be right at the server level on Exchange Admin to add them as owner. Even though while on the workstation, it showed they where the owner, and when I went to the server it was replicated as them as owner, they received a You don't have permissions. I eventually had to enter the owners in at the server level. Now, this is the second Tech who has been unable to add or modify their lists when I do this. The first one I had to blow away their E-mail account and create a new account with a bit of a name change because of the Tombstone date and it seemed to work. I tried the same thing with this one and that's not working either. I am wondering if I have some corruption or something going on. Has anyone had this problem or know the answer ? Frantic

Post #: 1
RE: Permissions to Distribution lists - 24.Oct.2000 3:58:00 PM   
I too have the same problem.

(in reply to Dufferin)
  Post #: 2
RE: Permissions to Distribution lists - 1.Nov.2000 7:16:00 AM   
Martin

You can only manage the users in a Distribution List if you have user rights.
(add in MS-Exchange Admin : Tools - options - Permissions -> "Show permissions ...".
AND
The mailbox of the owner MUST be on the same site as the Distribution List.

(in reply to Dufferin)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Permissions to Distribution lists Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter