• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 26.Oct.2000 3:11:00 AM   
How to block receiving emails from a particular domain in MS Exchange 5.5
  Post #: 1
RE: How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 26.Oct.2000 2:50:00 PM   
gdh

In the Internet Mail Service, look under the Connections tab. There is a button for Message Filtering. You can prevent all users in a specific domain from delivering messages to your site by typing the domain name. For example, microsoft.com. Check the box to have the messages deleted. If you wanted the messages to be saved you'll need to create a directory c:\turfdir or they'll have nowhere to go. I'd just delete them.

Note that you can specify specific email addresses or entire domains to be blocked.

Hope that helps :-)

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 26.Oct.2000 5:43:00 PM   
Russ

There's a gotcha here. Go where gdh said, and click Help, and it will tell you that to block a whole domain, put in domain.com. In fact, you must put in @domain.com.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 28.Oct.2000 4:57:00 AM   
libran

Hi GDH since I am using DNS then the option of MEssage filtering is not enabled, its gray so I am not able to access it. Is there any other option were we can do it. Plz reply.

quote:
Originally posted by gdh:
In the Internet Mail Service, look under the Connections tab. There is a button for Message Filtering. You can prevent all users in a specific domain from delivering messages to your site by typing the domain name. For example, microsoft.com. Check the box to have the messages deleted. If you wanted the messages to be saved you'll need to create a directory c:\turfdir or they'll have nowhere to go. I'd just delete them.

Note that you can specify specific email addresses or entire domains to be blocked.

Hope that helps :-)

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 29.Oct.2000 1:03:00 PM   
Russ

Using DNS does not affect Message filtering. In fact, I couldn't find any setting that would make that unavailable (tried a few combinations of things). All I can think of is maybe you at one point had a service pack on Exchange, and after adding something from the CD, did not reapply the SP. Just a thought!

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 5
RE: How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 5.Mar.2001 10:00:00 PM   
AdmanOK

How do I do this if my incoming mail is from an X400 connection rather than an IMS connection?

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 6
RE: How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 7.Mar.2001 6:18:00 PM   
Steven Reames

Which button get's you to filtering. I can't find it in connections. What properties tab is it on?

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 7
RE: How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 7.Mar.2001 7:21:00 PM   
MajMojo

In Exchange Admin, go to Connections, IMS. Click the Connections tab and the Message Filtering button. DON'T FORGET THE @ BEFORE THE DOMAIN NAME!

mojo

------------------
mojo
Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.
-dilbert

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 8
RE: How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 7.Mar.2001 7:26:00 PM   
Steven Reames

In my connections tab I have these choices:
Transfer Mode
Message Delievery
Accept connections
Service message queues
Clients can only submit if homed in on this server
Clients can only submit if authentication account matches submission address

No filters button

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 9
RE: How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 7.Mar.2001 10:53:00 PM   
StephenCB

Message Filtering was only implemented in Service Pack 2, so you will not find it unless you have SP2 or a more recent version installed.

HTH
Stephen

------------------

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 10
RE: How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain - 19.May2004 10:50:00 AM   
clum1

Just out of interest, are messages dealt with in this way bounced back to the originator or simply deleted from my server?

clum1

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> How to Block receiving Emails from a particular domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter