• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Duplicate entries in GAL

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Duplicate entries in GAL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Duplicate entries in GAL - 13.Dec.2000 9:33:00 AM   
AndrewM

I have 4 Exchange servers in 4 different sites. One of the sites is showing the 'Distribution Lists' container from another of the sites twice. This results in all of the DL's in that container showing up twice in their GAL.

This only happens at that one site, the others are all ok.

Post #: 1
RE: Duplicate entries in GAL - 14.Dec.2000 10:21:00 AM   
Postman Pat

Got ot the dir rep connector/sites tab on the site where the duplicates are. Select the site where the container lives and do "Update Now", select refresh ALL items. Wait for this to complete, I mean the dir rep not the little status dialogue.

If that fails, you could run Knowledge Consistency Checker, but I'm sure there could be side effects to this, just can't remember them at present.

Or you could remove the Dir Rep connector, wait for all instances to go, then re-create it.

Pat.

(in reply to AndrewM)
Post #: 2
RE: Duplicate entries in GAL - 15.Dec.2000 1:09:00 PM   
Lorna

I have a duplicate DL left in one server's directory that I can't get rid of. This is one server in an 9 server site. The bridgehead has correct directory information. I updated the directory on the problem server refreshing all items and ran the KCC but it's still there.

I hate to remove the directory replication connector because it will effect 9 locations

Any suggestions?

(in reply to AndrewM)
Post #: 3
RE: Duplicate entries in GAL - 18.Dec.2000 12:38:00 PM   
Postman Pat

Q179573?

(in reply to AndrewM)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Duplicate entries in GAL Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter