• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Defrag and compact .pst file?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Defrag and compact .pst file? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Defrag and compact .pst file? - 29.Dec.2000 6:19:00 PM   
Anyone knows how to defrag and compact Personal folder?
One of my user had a .pst file of abt 1.1 GB we created a new personal folder and moved abt 200 MB of data to new personal folder.
But old pst file size is still same.
I know I can create another PST and move rest of data to this new PST which will be definetly 200 MB less than original.
But is there a way to defrag and compact pst file?
  Post #: 1
RE: Defrag and compact .pst file? - 3.Jan.2001 3:38:00 PM   
Gail Wilson

Have you tried the Inbox Repair tool?

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Defrag and compact .pst file? - 3.Jan.2001 8:54:00 PM   
Assuming the PST is available as a folder in Outlook, right click on it, select "PROPERTIES FOR <folder name>", click on the ADVANCED button in the dialog box and select COMPACT NOW. The white space will be removed and the size of the PST will decrease.

Regarding defragging, you would probably have to defrag the drive that the PST resides on using a utility.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
RE: Defrag and compact .pst file? - 6.Jan.2015 12:24:28 AM   
123seo890@gmail.com

If an Outlook data file (PST) of any format, i.e. ANSI or Unicode, reaches or exceeds the size limit, changes for its corruption become high. In such situation, you need to compress the PST file by reducing its file size.Microsoft Outlook supports a built-in feature to compact a large sized .pst file without requiring any third-party application. To know about this feature read the article mention below by using the link: http://compactmypst.blogspot.in/p/pst-compress-andcompact-software-safely.html

I hope it help you.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: Defrag and compact .pst file? - 10.Jan.2015 5:33:25 AM   
louiseschmidt

I will suggest you an advance third party tool (Outlook PST File Repair Tool) which perfectly repair my corrupted PST data and convert it into new working PST format. After solving all issues/errors of Outlook data it can superbly save PST data into various formats {PST, MSG, EML and HTML}

Download it from here- http://www.****/****

(in reply to 123seo890@gmail.com)
Post #: 5
RE: Defrag and compact .pst file? - 10.Jan.2017 5:54:45 AM   
SanaCA

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gail Wilson

Have you tried the Inbox Repair tool?<BR>

Are you serious? The Inbox Repair tool, commonly known as scanpst.exe, has no relation with the defragmentation and compaction of PST file. It can only scan PST file for errors and repair it, but only if corruption is in its header part.

(in reply to Gail Wilson)
Post #: 6
RE: Defrag and compact .pst file? - 9.May2017 4:54:12 AM   
SanaCA

To compact PST file, you can use the built-in Compact feature of MS Outlook client. The built-in Compact feature doesn't require any 3rd party tool or any other cost. It can compact PST file without causing any data loss or damage. Refer to this blog post for complete information - Safely Compact PST File using Outlook Compact Feature | N. Sem's Blog

Thanks.

(in reply to SanaCA)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Defrag and compact .pst file? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter