• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Importing .OST File

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Importing .OST File Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Importing .OST File - 9.Oct.2001 1:03:00 PM   
kbf

The company I was working for has closed and the exchange server I was connected to is no longer operating. I synchronized my folders before the exchange server went down.

I have a .ost file, but after removing the exchange server as a "service" in my outlook client, all the data has disappeared. Does anyone know how I can import that .ost file into my .pst file so I can recover this information. I have years of data that I really need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Importing .OST File - 9.Oct.2001 3:23:00 PM   
cenkie

Hi,

Actually you should have done this before removing the service. Because an OST file is associated with the service, it may not be possible to reuse the OST file. Within my knowledge you should have logged on in offline mode, created a PST file and moved the contents of the OST file to the PST file...

You might take a look at Inbox Repair Tool from MS, it should be somewhere on the CD... It mainly works with PST files, though it also works with OST files...

(in reply to kbf)
Post #: 2
RE: Importing .OST File - 9.Oct.2001 5:02:00 PM   
kbf

I know that now... a little too late.

(in reply to kbf)
Post #: 3
RE: Importing .OST File - 4.Sep.2017 6:12:21 AM   
unitexmac

The Inbox Repair tool is not working when Exchange Server is unavailable and your OST file also damaged. Your options are very limited if it isn't connected to Exchange Server.

In this case, I would like to recommend that you must try Recoveryfix for OST to PST solution. The application works on damaged OST file and transfer OST data into PST format, even your Exchange Server is unavailable without losing or tempering any contents.

For more info, Visit : http://www.en.ost2pst.net/

(in reply to kbf)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Importing .OST File Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter