• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete trash from users?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete trash from users? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete trash f... - 14.Mar.2002 5:54:00 PM   
ICU-EStar

This is a good one...
someone was telling me that their is a way to set
5.5 to delete the deleted items from the users
mailbox automatically so it doesnt cound against
their server space and take up disk space...

ever heard?
Post #: 1
RE: Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete tra... - 15.Mar.2002 4:01:00 PM   
black and white cat

You have the option to delete the contents of the deleted items folder when you log off. Or alternatively you can use shift+delete to HARD delete messages from the inbox, (this way mail will not be placed in deleted items.)

(in reply to ICU-EStar)
Post #: 2
RE: Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete tra... - 18.Mar.2002 1:05:00 PM   
ICU-EStar

Ok great! sounds good...
Just one question in mind.
I have a mass amount of pop3 users and OWA from all over.. Setting that policy in place will be hard and will not guarantee me that everyone will follow you method.

Is their something that 5.5 does on its own as exch 2000 does.. ?
I was also trying to search for a 3rd party but no luck

-Rob

(in reply to ICU-EStar)
Post #: 3
RE: Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete tra... - 19.Mar.2002 3:42:00 PM   
69beeper

You can try EXMERGE... you should be able to set it up as a batch file and dump the "Deleted Items" folder into PST files, then delete the PST files.

(in reply to ICU-EStar)
Post #: 4
RE: Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete tra... - 19.Mar.2002 5:50:00 PM   
ICU-EStar

Great sounds like a good idea... but is this a 3rd party or its in 5.5?

anyone else have some kinda of setup were 5.5 auto deletes the deleted items in a set time for all users in the server?

we cant seem to relay on the users to delete it themselves..... [Frown]

(in reply to ICU-EStar)
Post #: 5
RE: Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete tra... - 19.Mar.2002 7:54:00 PM   
ICU-EStar

ok i just realized what your talking about with Exch merge.exe but that requires the database to be offline... im looking for a global setting or 3rd party app that would let me define auto delete.

(in reply to ICU-EStar)
Post #: 6
RE: Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete tra... - 20.Mar.2002 7:47:00 PM   
How about Mailbox Cleanup Agent?

(in reply to ICU-EStar)
  Post #: 7
RE: Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete tra... - 21.Mar.2002 1:49:00 PM   
ICU-EStar

Thats a manual process and it can only be done on a per mailbox basis.....

I am looking for something thats automatic or I can schedule to clean up or make tombstone of all deleted items for all my users.

Has to be something........

(in reply to ICU-EStar)
Post #: 8
RE: Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete tra... - 21.Mar.2002 2:55:00 PM   
black and white cat

Have a look at mailbox manager.

IS maintenance will also achieve some of what you want. Typically this is set to run in the early hours of the morning.

(in reply to ICU-EStar)
Post #: 9
RE: Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete tra... - 21.Mar.2002 10:58:00 PM   
69beeper

Exmerge doesn't require Exchange to be in offline mode. Just build a batch file for it (it does this for if you save it) and run the batch file via AT/Tasks. I haven't tried this, but I know it'll work since I've done lots of similiar things using ExMerge (great utility).

(in reply to ICU-EStar)
Post #: 10
RE: Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete tra... - 22.Mar.2002 4:24:00 AM   
ICU-EStar

NEVERMIND guys I found it
It work perfect !
I knew M$oft had to have something.
Thanks to all who helped me.

Mailbox Manager:
Mailbox Manager is a breath of fresh air after the Mailbox Cleanup Agent. If the Mailbox Cleanup Agent is installed, remove it first by running the Agent's Setup program. Now go to the Exchange 5.5 SP3 CD, located at ENG\SERVER\SUPPORT\MBMNGR\SETUP\I386 and install Mailbox Manager. The install takes more configuration, but the process is simple and straightforward. Located in the same folder is a HTML-format user's manual, which covers installation to configuration. This product is officially supported by Microsoft Support Services.

(in reply to ICU-EStar)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Is their a AUTO Delete config for 5.5 to delete trash from users? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter