• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Corrupt emails- Cannot copy or do .PST

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Corrupt emails- Cannot copy or do .PST Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Corrupt emails- Cannot copy or do .PST - 21.Aug.2003 12:28:00 PM   
aakcay

Running exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 & 2002 and we have a few users that cannot convert either their mailbox or certain folders to .pst as certain emails seem corrupt (they do open). These emails have other email attachments in them which seem have lost their association (i.e. the yellow envelope icon).
Also, I cannot drag these emails onto the PC's desktop i.e. I get the following error "Error occured while copying the fil and "Micrsoft Outlook The Operation Failed" when trying to do a .pst .

Pls help "[Confused]"

Is there fix or work around to resolve this?
Post #: 1
RE: Corrupt emails- Cannot copy or do .PST - 25.Aug.2003 6:18:00 PM   
Ian Law

try searching ms's site for scanpst.exe - i had the same problem and running this little tool sorted it right out.
if you can't find it, email me at ian.law@gif.co.uk and I'll send it if you want.

(in reply to aakcay)
Post #: 2
RE: Corrupt emails- Cannot copy or do .PST - 24.Feb.2009 12:47:20 AM   
zwr

I heard about not bad application  Advanced Outlook Repair.It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files.
It's also available for your problem.
quote:

ORIGINAL: aakcay

Running exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 & 2002 and we have a few users that cannot convert either their mailbox or certain folders to .pst as certain emails seem corrupt (they do open). These emails have other email attachments in them which seem have lost their association (i.e. the yellow envelope icon).
Also, I cannot drag these emails onto the PC's desktop i.e. I get the following error "Error occured while copying the fil and "Micrsoft Outlook The Operation Failed" when trying to do a .pst .

Pls help

(in reply to aakcay)
Post #: 3
RE: Corrupt emails- Cannot copy or do .PST - 5.Aug.2015 6:05:31 AM   
VictorVarela

Outlook PST Recovery Tool is the best and the most advanced file repairing software. This software can easily repair severely corrupted or damaged PST file which cannot be repaired by in-built scanpst inbox repair tool. This tool not only repairs corrupted / damaged PST file but it also recovers lost / deleted emails, folders, notes, contacts, calendar items etc. Moreover, the recovered data are stored in a new healthy file in order to ensure safety to the source file. PST files are exposed to corruption just like any other files and recovering them from damage is necessary in order to make them accessible.Outlook pst repair software which intensively scans the damaged PST file and extracts the mailbox data.

Try:- http://www.undeletepcfiles.com/outlook-email-pst-recovery.html
Post #: 4
RE: Corrupt emails- Cannot copy or do .PST - 15.Nov.2015 6:08:58 PM   
felton

There are a lot of online resources discussing about how to recovering corrupt or damaged PST files.

First, the Microsoft offical tool scanpst, also called Inbox Repair Tool, can repair the PST file, you can refer the following articles:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/outlook-help/repair-outlook-data-files-pst-and-ost-HA010075831.aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227
https://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497

Second, there are many third-party Outlook recovery tools you can try, below is a list of them:

https://www.datanumen.com/outlook-repair/compare.htm

Nearly all these tools provide a free trial so you can try first to see if a tool works before purchase it.

Good luck!

(in reply to aakcay)
Post #: 5
RE: Corrupt emails- Cannot copy or do .PST - 4.Dec.2015 5:21:10 AM   
SanaCA

quote:

ORIGINAL: aakcay

What's wrong with these members who are recommending PST Recovery tools here? Here the OP is stating that he/she is having corruption in his Exchange mailbox, not in the Outlook data file.

Dear aakcay, if you've heard about ExMerge.exe, you should try it once. It is a freeware utility provided by Microsoft itself for extracting emails from Exchange mailbox even if it is corrupt. To know more about ExMerge.exe and how to use it, you can read this blog post: Use ExMerge.exe to Convert Exchange EDB to PST Format | N. Sem's Blog

I hope this would he helpful for you.

Thanks.

(in reply to aakcay)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Corrupt emails- Cannot copy or do .PST Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter