• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another - 15.Jan.2004 3:01:00 PM   
dba-one

I think I covered that one.

(in reply to dba-one)
Post #: 21
RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another - 15.Jan.2004 3:21:00 PM   
dba-one

I checked the message tracking this morning. I had him send her an email and a seperate one to me. They now both show up in the tracking screen. I can't really seem to find out what to do with this. As I mentioned before, he does get dilivery confirmation. Does this just indicate that it made it to the exchange server? Where do I go from here with the tracking results?

(in reply to dba-one)
Post #: 22
RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another - 15.Jan.2004 3:39:00 PM   
dba-one

Also, When I do the find recipient thing in tracking for her I find that it reads that the message was delivered locally from him to her. Is there a way I can see which machine it is talking about by local. Meaning, can I varufy it was delivered to her machine?

(in reply to dba-one)
Post #: 23
RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another - 15.Jan.2004 3:42:00 PM   
zbnet

It sounds to me like the tracking log is saying the message arrived in her mailbox (have you tracked the message shwing its path from sender to recipient? This will be short of they're both on the same server, or have extra steps if off-server delivery).

Can you connect to her mailbox from your client and see the inbox? (you'll need to add permissions for this.)

(in reply to dba-one)
Post #: 24
RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another - 15.Jan.2004 4:31:00 PM   
dba-one

He had mentioned that when he uses the VPN when they were on the road she could access her email from exchange client using his windows ID. We have a cable modem here and tried to see if he can send mail to her using the cable modem and VPN but it did not work.

I did look at the path item you mentioned. It seems when it is going to someone outside of the company I get the detaild path but if it is back and forth here then I just get the delivered locally item.

It really looks like it is getting to her. I suspected that perhaps some "sub- folder" was created by accident or something. I had him send mail and I personally watched her in box count. It never increased so it is not getting to her machine but it sure look like it's getting delivered some where.

(in reply to dba-one)
Post #: 25
RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another - 15.Jan.2004 7:24:00 PM   
dba-one

Update:

Read before jumping to conclusions!

"he" turned out to have a problem getting to the mail server. He neglected to tell me it was almost impossible to connect to the mail server due to a message saying it was unavailable. When I attempted to ping the server by name it came up with some strange address and there was no reply. I updated the lmhost file and removed some "unique" settings only he seemed to have. After doing this and rebooting I could ping the server properly and his email came up in a flash. After going through all this we again attempted to send email to the party in question. No luck. I can now see all these in the tracking window and it reads that they have been delivered locally. It really does appear they are going to some mail box that I'm unaware of. I just can't figure this out!

(in reply to dba-one)
Post #: 26
RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another - 15.Jan.2004 11:39:00 PM   
Velocat

Ok, sure fire fix then:

Copy:

Inbox
Calendar
Contacts
Notes
Sent Items

to a personal folder. Make a copy of their email addresses and jot down their Distribution Membership.

Export any rules that are valuable and don't involve each other's mailbox.

Delete both mailboxes.

Recreate mailboxes.

Add appropriate email addresses and add to Distribution Lists.

Import rules.

Copy Mail,etc. from PST to Server.

You should be back in business then.

(in reply to dba-one)
Post #: 27
RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another - 16.Jan.2004 5:03:00 PM   
dba-one

Are you saying to delete his and her mail profiles from the exchange server or just do all this from the clients?

(in reply to dba-one)
Post #: 28
RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another - 16.Jan.2004 10:19:00 PM   
Velocat

Basically delete the mailboxes on the server and recreate. I just wanted to make sure you captured all the relevant data before you deleted the mailbox off of the server.

Let us know the results.

Good Luck.

(in reply to dba-one)
Post #: 29

Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> RE: A single user doesn't get mail from another Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter