• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

This item could not be deleted.It was either moved or already deleted, or access...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> This item could not be deleted.It was either moved or already deleted, or access... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This item could not be deleted.It was either moved or a... - 7.Aug.2004 4:46:00 PM   
emustiga

We had a big power failure. Even though we have battery backup for some reason it didn't kick in soon enough. When the power was restored, no one could use Outlook.
I checked the server and Microsoft Information Store Database wasn't started. I tried a manual restart of the Information Store Database, but received some error messages. I did a restore from a backup tape before the power failure and rebuild the Information Store Database using the eseutil utility and started the Information Store service but the MSEXCIMC.EXE caused an Access Violation (Dr. Watson shows an Error 1067). Then I Removed and Created the IMC Connector and services started.
People started going to their inboxes in Outlook and some emails could not be opened. They received the error message: "Cannot open this item." I figured doing the restore from the previous night backup tape and the rebuild of the Information Store Database, we lost some of these mails. Some of these were outside e-mails and some internal e-mails that people kept in their Outlook Inbox or Sent Items other folders they created. We figured we should just delete the e-mails, but Outlook won't let us. We receive the "This item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied" message. The unusable mail I speak of is mail that was once good internal/external mail, some with attachments, but some without, that can no longer be opened.
All I want to do now is get rid of these e-mails that we can't delete from Outlook. All emails are in the server not in PST files.
Today I try first to did a DS/IS Consistency Adjustment using Exchange Administrator and also I executed ESEUTIL /d to defragment the IS. The problem persist.
Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.
Post #: 1
RE: This item could not be deleted.It was either moved ... - 11.Aug.2004 10:59:00 PM   
MadMike

Try using an OWA client on one of the affected mailboxes. Login and see if you can delete stuff.

If that works then you are dealing with an Outlook issue and how its handling the state of that message.

If it fails you have DB issues and I would advise you shutdown your DBs and run isinteg (maybe with a -fix, if it shows any problems in check mode (default))

MM

(in reply to emustiga)
Post #: 2
RE: This item could not be deleted.It was either moved ... - 12.Aug.2004 7:09:00 AM   
emustiga

Problem solved with ISINTEG -pri -fix -test -alltests
Look at this posting:
http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=006394

Thank you

(in reply to emustiga)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> This item could not be deleted.It was either moved or already deleted, or access... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter