• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Upgrade from W2K/ EX2K to W2K3/EX2K3

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Upgrade from W2K/ EX2K to W2K3/EX2K3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrade from W2K/ EX2K to W2K3/EX2K3 - 13.Aug.2003 11:12:00 AM   
osmith

I've got a small business running a single Windows 2000 DC with Exchange 2000 running on it. After seeing the OWA running on EX2K3 the client wants this installed as well as to have W2K3 installed ( ones for state of the art this lot).

I was thinking of just running upgrades which would be simplest ( after ghosting of course) but will I compromise the functionality of Exchange 2K3 if i install it first then upgrade Windows or is it functionaly identical to installing them Win2k3 then installing Exchange 2003 fresh?
Post #: 1
RE: Upgrade from W2K/ EX2K to W2K3/EX2K3 - 14.Aug.2003 6:57:00 AM   
Henrik Walther

You will get easier out of it, if you start by upgrading to Exchange 2003, and then upgrade the OS to Windows 2003 afterwards.

When both have been upgraded you will have the full funtionality of Exchange 2003 [Big Grin]

(in reply to osmith)
Post #: 2
RE: Upgrade from W2K/ EX2K to W2K3/EX2K3 - 8.Sep.2003 1:31:00 PM   
sc.uk

Hi. I was hoping someone could help shed some light on this:

I'm running a Windows 2000 DC with Exchange 2000 and have been testing a beta of Exchange 2003 on a separate Windows 2003 server.

I've begun looking into moving mailboxes from one server to another and so have setup some sample mailboxes that I can play with.

After moving the first mailbox and waiting approx 20 minutes Im still unable to log into the moved mailbox via an Outlook client.

Checking the Exchange 2003 server Ive discovered a recurring error in the Application event log (See below)

Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox
Event ID: 1022
Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EMAIL-2K3)" - Windows 2000 account DOMAIN\USER; Error: 1144

Does anyone have any ideas?

(in reply to osmith)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Upgrade from W2K/ EX2K to W2K3/EX2K3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter