• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Org Name

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Org Name Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Org Name - 17.Oct.2003 4:14:00 PM   
infotech

We have a scenario just like many others. We have an NT 4 domain trusting our new 2003 domain with Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003. I set up the ADC and managed to muddle my way through it, taking about 3 hours per step to get through (something was wrong every step "[Big ). I finally got to the final step of creating the connection agreement when it failed. The error told me to choose an Exchange 5.5 server in a correct org. I figured out it was because of invalid characters in the Exchange 5.5 ORG name. I've read how to change it. Doesn't sound like any fun at all. Is my last hope Exmerge? I also read about running ForestPrep and DomainPrep. I didn't do either of these. Would it make a difference? What about the move server wizard? Would it be useful in changing the org name?

Thanks for taking the time to read my question. ItÆs a bit long winded.

[ October 17, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: James Bailey ]
Post #: 1
RE: Org Name - 21.Oct.2003 12:42:00 AM   
abraham

Hi. You have many options

1. If the name of the Organizations are diferent you can use the Migration Wizard of Exchange 2003, all you need to do is

A. Create a Tho way relationship, Domain A trust Domain B and viceversa.
B. If you need to move Accounts from NT 4.0 to your new Organization AD, you can use de ADMT v.2 with this tool you can move the account and Password
c. Then you can use the Migration Wizard to move the Mailboxes fron Exchange 5.5 to Exchange Sever 2003
d. To run the Migration Wizard the Organizations must be diferent, the 2 Exchange server can be on the same Active Directory if you want.
2. Another way is to create an ADC connector to replicate the information Between the Directories (DS and Active Directory), remember you must use the Version of ADC that comes with Exchange 2003, this version is more easy to configure and have a Connection Agreetment Wizard (Step by Step) then when you have the ADC in place you can run the Move Mailbox Wizard to move the Mailboxex fron Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

3. Exmerge is a Great Tool, as you Know you can extract the Mailboxes to Special PSTs files then import this PSTs to the new Organization

Regards

(in reply to infotech)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Org Name Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll