• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Moving Exchange 2000

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Moving Exchange 2000 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving Exchange 2000 - 6.Jan.2004 10:20:00 PM   
Bobert

Im very new to Exchange and could use a little help.

I am trying to take exchange 2000 with active directory from one server to another physical server. I am not upgrading, or migrating to new software, just trying to switch it over and kill the old system while minimizing any data loss.

Lets call the old machine A, and the new one B.

Heres what I know: There has been an attempt to migrate the A to B (which failed partway through) and some work has been done but I dont know what as I just started here..

B has itself and A backed up on it, while A just has A on it. The Users and Computers seems to be replicated / in sync with each other.

Looking in Exchange system manager, again A and B are fairly well synced, with A having a little more info then B(ie. folders/public folders is empty in B, but info is present in A), and in tools, monitoring, status B is not running while A is.

In the administrator tools, A has more options then B, though they both have the same number in the exchange folder of the start menu.

My problem being that as exchange isnt so much a program you can open, but a series of managment windows, I am having trouble knowing where to look, what things do, etc.

I was thrown one bone though,
http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxa.htm
was printed for me, but I dont know how to check or start stmp, dns etc.

If someone can help me out, show me where to start or even shake their head and say "ouch, I feel for ya" I would appreciate it! "[Smile]"
Post #: 1
RE: Moving Exchange 2000 - 6.Jan.2004 10:47:00 PM   
Bobert

My apologies, I didnt notice the 2003 topic title.

(in reply to Bobert)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Moving Exchange 2000 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter