• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Migration 5.5 orgA to 5.5 orgB

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Migration 5.5 orgA to 5.5 orgB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Migration 5.5 orgA to 5.5 orgB - 14.Jan.2004 5:37:00 PM   
ukhelpdesk

Hi,

We have several sites that we need to migrate out of a larger exchange 5.5 organization, while still being able to communicate between the two orgs. Due to geographical locations it is not possible to migrate all the sites simultaneously so they have to be migrated over a period of several weeks.

SMTP traffic for ôcompanyacb.comö needs to be able to be directed to both orgs until the migration is complete then we will be able to move the MX to the new org.

We have new hardware for the new org and sites so that problem is resolved,

The ideal scenario is to build a server with the new org and import all user accounts from the old org (note these will have the same SMTP address as the users in the old org.)

Then move the mailbox data over user by user until all users are off one site in the old org we can then kill that site.

The problem is how we can accomplish the above and what problems we can expect by having delicate SMTP address.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Whats the best way to migrate
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Migration 5.5 orgA to 5.5 orgB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter