smtp problems after migration (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration

nilson -> smtp problems after migration (5.Mar.2004 3:23:00 AM)

After upgrading an e2k to e2k3 the smtp stopped working. A "telnet servername 25" opens connection, but after the "mail from:" command I get this error: 421 4.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server.

I tried to install a new fresh e2k3 on the same site but I get the same error. The other server in the site, an e2k, works fine.

Any suggestions anyone?

HermanJr -> RE: smtp problems after migration (26.Mar.2004 6:26:00 PM)

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Herman

HermanJr -> RE: smtp problems after migration (27.Mar.2004 8:53:00 AM)

Hi,
I've been exploring a bit, and found a 'solution' to my problem, don't know if it will solve yours.

I noticed that the connection dropped as soon as I entered the MAIL command. I explored with smtpreg.vbs en told it to enumerate all sinks.

There I found a number of sinks that operate on the MAIL command. I then used smtpreg.vbs to disable the first OnInboundCommand sink for MAIL. Nothing happened, so I reenabled it. After 3 tries, I disabled the sink for TurfList.TurfList, and my MAIL command worked again. Now it quit on RCPT... I disabled the TurfList.TurfList for RCPT... and yes it worked too. Now it failed on the end of data (CRLF . CRLF), I disabeld TurfList.TurfList for _EOD. And since then everything is working. I do not know if this TurfList is something that is necessary or a remainder of something.

Hope it helps,

Herman

PS If someone knows what this TurfList should do...

heimer -> RE: smtp problems after migration (23.Apr.2004 1:27:00 PM)

Problems like this are usually caused by errors in the syntax of the Recipient Policies.
So go there and make sure you dont have any errors there.
Hope it helps :-)

Carsten Bernstorff
MCSE

Page: [1]