• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Contacts and Distribution Lists

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Contacts and Distribution Lists Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Contacts and Distribution Lists - 2.Apr.2004 6:54:00 PM   
Mikegyvr

I would appreciate suggestions from the experts out there...

I just migrated from Groupwise to Exchange 2K3.

My users previously had shared address books in Groupwise that were used to send email to large groups of people. The conversion migrated each address book tab in Groupwise as a separate MS Outlook contacts folder through Exchange. I have been able to share these contacts through Outlook, but when the authorized users try to connect, they get permissions errors.

As an alternative, I have begun the creation of Active Directory contacts in specially created OU's to mirror the former Groupwise configuration. Distribution Groups are created in the appropriate OU and populated with the appropriate members housed in that or other OU's. These groups are assigned an email address which is used to send email to everyone in the group. This is a HUGE undertaking, and before I get too far into engineering it, I wanted to ask:

Is there another way to do what I am trying to do here? Is one of the methods above preferred over the other?

Any expert input would be appreciated! "[Confused]"

[ April 02, 2004, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Michael Easter ]
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Contacts and Distribution Lists Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter