• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Groupwise 5.5 to E2003 Migration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Groupwise 5.5 to E2003 Migration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Groupwise 5.5 to E2003 Migration - 28.Apr.2004 9:45:00 AM   
askingloads

Hi - I'm about to undertake a Groupwise to Exchange 2003 migration (with a period of coexistance) and would like to know if anyone has done this successfully and if so what configuration you used. I have e2003 on a cluster so am unable to install the GW connectors. Aslo gateway services for netware is not available in w2003 as it was in w2k.
Any ideas/pointers very much appreciated !
Post #: 1
RE: Groupwise 5.5 to E2003 Migration - 30.Apr.2004 6:12:00 PM   
JasonVMiller

How is your environment configured? I am about to undertake the same task but I will have an Exchange cluter and a separate Exchange server doing the migration. What does anybody think about this?

(in reply to askingloads)
Post #: 2
RE: Groupwise 5.5 to E2003 Migration - 21.May2004 9:06:00 PM   
davecht

I have done this migration. Admittedly with only one Groupwise server and 1 win2003 server but the principles should be the same. I would however choose to perform the migration, if i had to do it again, by using a migration server and performing a 2 step migration, the reason for this is so you dont clog up the 2003 server with connectors and protocols you have to remove later.
Anyway, if you have any questions I will try and remember to check this forum and continue to post here.

Regards
Dave

Post #: 3
RE: Groupwise 5.5 to E2003 Migration - 2.Jun.2004 4:59:00 AM   
JasonVMiller

Dave,
Actually, I would like to ask a question. How did you setup the Novell services on the E2k3 box to connect back to the Groupwise Primary Domain if Gateway Services for Netware are not available for 2003?
I have the API (4.1) Gateway installed and configured on my Novell 5.1 box but am at a stopping point. How do I get the E2k3 box to use Novell services to connect to the Novell environment? We tried to install Client Services for Netware but it wouldn't allow us to map any drives. We then installed the Novell CLient, v4.83, and can now do drive maps. Is that all?
Any help here would be more than grateful as we are up against a very tight migration schedule. Thanks!

Cheers!

Jason

Post #: 4
RE: Groupwise 5.5 to E2003 Migration - 5.Jul.2004 5:47:00 PM   
davecht

Hi
sorry for not getting back earlier.

check out my most recent post I have posted my migration notes in a different thread.

You need a Win2k CD-Rom
Right click your LAN
Select "Install"
It will come up automaticaly with "Client Services for Netware"
DONT INSTALL THIS
Select "Have Disk"
Browse to the following location
CD Drive \i386\WINNTUPG\OEM\NOVELL\
Select "IWClient.inf"
this will load the novel client
make sure you have IPX installed as a protocol

this should let you connect fine [Smile]
I will be posting all my advice on this in my recent thread. so please check there for any more info.
Hope this helps
Regards
Dave

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Groupwise 5.5 to E2003 Migration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter