• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

new install on old domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> new install on old domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new install on old domain - 4.May2004 4:18:00 PM   
infinitone

At my company we have a mail server which runs Postfix on Linux and has died... after several meetings we have decided to implement exchange 2003 to our 2000/2003 mixed active directory domain. I have tested Exchange in our testlab with no issues except my exisiting accounts already on the domain before Exchange was installed do not get any of the new "Exchange tabs" is a tool required to update the exisiting users with these new tabs? after multiple searches all i find are articles on migrating from other mail services which i cant do at this point... i appreciate all the help

Thanks
"[Confused]"
Post #: 1
RE: new install on old domain - 4.May2004 7:29:00 PM   
cwillis

Make sure you run the forestprep and domain prep to extend the new schema attributes. Exhange tabs should appear for all mail enabled users. You can check if they mail enabled by using the AD users and computers mmc that gets installed by the exchange setup, viewing from that console will allow you to see who has email and who dosen't

(in reply to infinitone)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> new install on old domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter