• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Trouble sending mail to 1 domain after Migration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Trouble sending mail to 1 domain after Migration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trouble sending mail to 1 domain after Migration - 5.May2004 3:01:00 AM   
Tekniques

We performed a migration from Exchange 2000 (running on SBS 2000) to a new Exchange 2003 box.

This was the scenario :

The company was running SBS 2000 and had 2 different company entities (A and B) running off the 1 Exchange box. Each company had their own email address :

*@companyA.com & *@companyB.com

Company B decided to break away and implement their own network and mail system so they Exmerged all their mailboxes off Company A's Exchange box and deleted all user accounts in AD.

We then performed the migration to Exchange 2003 for Company A and all went well. The issue we have now is that when Company A tries to send email (now considered external mail) to Company B, they get an NDR 5.1.1 from their own Exchange box saying the mailbox does not exist.

Company A's Exchange box still thinks it's responsible for delivering Company B's mail locally and so the mail destined for Company B never leaves Company A's Exchange 2003 Server.

I have searched through System Manager and found nothing. I have even gone into ADSI Edit and could not find references to the company B domain anywhere. What to do ?

[ May 05, 2004, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Tekniques ]
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Trouble sending mail to 1 domain after Migration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter