• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

migrating Internet Mail Service

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> migrating Internet Mail Service Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
migrating Internet Mail Service - 25.May2004 10:58:00 PM   
engleb

We are in the last steps of a migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and one of the last things we need to do is move the IMS from the 5.5 server over to the 2003 server. I read through Marc's article about the wizard but it doesn't cover this aspect. Do we need to disable or remove the IMS that is on the 5.5 server before running the wizard or can we run the wizard and have an IMS on each server temporarily? We use two MXs, 1 inbound and 1 outbound, external from our exchange servers. I'm guessing we need to configure those two servers to allow mail to and from the second exchange server before running the wizard to avoid mail bouncing.

Also, I found a post on this site about dual nics:

quote:
If you are going to run the Internet Mail Wizard on a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, either Standard or Enterprise Edition, you need to make sure that all network adapters on this computer are functioning. If not, when you get to the page to Create SMTP virtual servers, one of the IP addresses may be set to 0.0.0.0. This will happen even if you have one functioning adapter, and one unplugged or disabled.
and I wondered if anyone has experienced this problem. We have two NICs in the server but the second is disabled. I just want to avoid any problems by finding the answers in advance. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brett
Post #: 1
RE: migrating Internet Mail Service - 18.Nov.2004 7:29:00 PM   
msaum@cablesystem.com

I am also at this stage of my migration. Did you get any answers for this? I have just one other tidbit that might influence my move. My overall goal was to put the IMS on my Exchange 2003 Cluster. I hope that this is possible.

(in reply to engleb)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> migrating Internet Mail Service Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter