• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

EXMERGE and the Active Directory Connector...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> EXMERGE and the Active Directory Connector... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EXMERGE and the Active Directory Connector... - 27.May2004 8:22:00 PM   
kurzundknapp

Following situation:

Exchange 2000 / Many Sites / Mixed Mode

One user is moving to another location. I want to get his mailbox to the exchange server of the new location. So far so good.

His source mailbox currently is on a legacy Exchange 5.5 server. The target is a Exchange 2000 server in a different site / administrative group.

His AD user object is already mailbox enabled so I can just move it to another OU without problems since it is the same AD domain.

Because we are in mixed mode, I can not just move his mailbox to the E2K server and afterwards move the mailbox to the other adminsitrative group. I have to do this on legacy 5.5 site with EXMERGE.

But, exmerge can not create new mailboxes. So I must create a new mailbox on the target 5.5 server. Now I am asking if our Active Directory Connector would recognize this new mailbox and attach it to the right mailbox-enabled user?!? I do not want to create a new user object because of all the data I would manually type in there (address, name, account, permissions a.s.o) (I know I am a lazy dog ;-))

Any idea?

Thanx in advance...
Post #: 1
RE: EXMERGE and the Active Directory Connector... - 27.May2004 8:23:00 PM   
kurzundknapp

Oh sorry... posted it in the wrong Message Board..

This one is for the "Exchange 2000 Migration" board...

Admin PLZ move... thx...

(in reply to kurzundknapp)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> EXMERGE and the Active Directory Connector... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter