• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

ADMT with SIDHistory doesn't allow for user/mailbox migration from 5.5

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> ADMT with SIDHistory doesn't allow for user/mailbox migration from 5.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ADMT with SIDHistory doesn't allow for user/mailbox mig... - 2.Jun.2004 11:54:00 PM   
rbezenek

Alright, so here is the problem I am facing.

I am testing out an Exchange 2003 migration scenario in my lab. I have a NT 4.0 PDC with and Exchange 5.5 server.

I have two Win2k3 DCs and an Exchange 2k3 server. I have performed all of the steps to attach the E2k3 server to my Exchange 5.5. Including using the Active Directory Migration Wizard to migrate all of the user accounts over with their SIDHistory attribute intact.

The problem I am facing is when I create the ADC connection agreements, instead of giving the mailbox attributes to the already migrated user accounts the ADC agreement is creating new user accounts.

So my question is, without using the merge account function of the cleanup wizard, what do I need to do to get the mailboxes associated with the migrated user accounts the first time around?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Ryan Bezenek
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> ADMT with SIDHistory doesn't allow for user/mailbox migration from 5.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter