• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Access Denied c0070005

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Access Denied c0070005 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Access Denied c0070005 - 19.Jun.2004 11:10:00 PM   
sransell

I have just added a Windows 2003 server to my Win2000 NT4 (the W2k server has been upgraded from NT4 and EX5.5 is running on the NT4 BDC) domain.
I installed Exchange 2003 and all was good until I decided to promote the server to an AD controller.
After I did this I couldnt access the server any more. I kept getting an access is denied error whenever I tried to open an MMC or Regedit. I couldnt even open the event viewer.
As I hadnt moved any mailboxes yet I decided to rebuild the server from scratch and do things a bit differently.

I rebuilt and promoted the 2k3 server to a DC and all was good.
I went to install Exchange 2003 0n the Win2k3 server and it all turned to custard.
I went through the deployment list and had an issue with the ADC. I was not able to run the wizard (step 4) as it said it coulnt read the site in AD. I figured that as there was nothing to replicate, I could carry on with the install.
As soon as I start the install I get a fatal error and the install fails. I then get the "access is denied" error and I am back where I started.
I cant check the event logs as access is denied.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Simon
Post #: 1
RE: Access Denied c0070005 - 29.Jun.2004 11:45:00 PM   
ppadilla

Hi Simon,

It's normally not recommended not to have Exch2K3 on a DC from everything I've seen. Here are a couple of links.

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller 2

Is there some reason you need to promote it? If it was working on the member server??...(if it ain't broke...etc.)

To promote or demote with Exchange running is definitely not supported. Metabase Update Service Stops After You Demote an Exchange Server 2003 Domain Controller to a Member Server

Hope this helps.

Paul

(in reply to sransell)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Access Denied c0070005 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter