• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Creating 5.5 mailboxes using ADU&C

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Creating 5.5 mailboxes using ADU&C Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating 5.5 mailboxes using ADU&C - 3.Aug.2004 6:56:00 PM   
SaTTaN

Hi,

we are in the midst of a migration to Exchange 2003 and are currently co-existing.

single win2003 forest & domain
2 exchange 5.5 sites - hub & usermail
we have installed the ADC as per the deployment wizard and that all seems ok.
we have added 2 exchange 2003 servers into the hub site but not transitioned any smtp connectors etc yet - this is still being handled by a 5.5 server in the hub site.

at the moment the usermail site doesn't have any exchange 2003 servers in it, just a single 5.5 box

whilst we are co-existing like this we have rolled out an mmc console to the helpdesk, however when they try to create a new user and put the mailbox on the 5.5 server in the usermail site we only see the 2x exchange 2k3 servers from the hub site in the drop-down dialog box in AD Users & Computers (with ESM + adminpak installed)

any ideas?

I've edited the one of the ADC connection to talk to the SRS on the mailhub site, but the usermail site doesn't have an SRS yet (no e2k3) and I can't point it at the e2k3 server in the hub site - errors saying its not in the same site as the recipient container

Any suggestions gratefully received, I'm pretty sure I've seen a similar thing done at another client - i.e use ADU&C to create AD accounts linked to mailboxes on a 5.5 server.

we need to live like this for a couple of months whilst we get services migrated across.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Creating 5.5 mailboxes using ADU&C Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter