• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Simple Mailbox copy between 5.5 & 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Simple Mailbox copy between 5.5 & 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Simple Mailbox copy between 5.5 & 2003 - 4.Aug.2004 6:02:00 PM   
jmant

I have an existing NT4 domain with a PDC and a BDC/Exchange 5.5 server. The domain name is ABC. This domain is being replaced by a new 2003 Domain called ABC.com(NetBIOS: ABC). The new domain will also have two servers. They will have the same names as the original servers when everything is said and done. Since there are not that many users I would like to export the mailboxes from the 5.5 server into PST files using a util like EXmerge. Then copy the PSTs over to the new Exchange mailboxes that will have been already created. My question is: Will the 2003 Exmerge tool accomplish this? Do I have to join the Exchange 2003 server to the NT domain to export the 5.5 mailboxes over? Will I be able to import the PSTs into pre-created mailboxes on the Exchange 2003 server?
Post #: 1
RE: Simple Mailbox copy between 5.5 & 2003 - 18.Aug.2004 3:15:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

Yes, you can use exmerge to export exchange 5.5 mailboxes to exchange 2003 mailboxes.

(in reply to jmant)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Simple Mailbox copy between 5.5 & 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter