• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

how to migrate public folder from ex2k to ex2k3?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> how to migrate public folder from ex2k to ex2k3? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to migrate public folder from ex2k to ex2k3? - 9.Aug.2004 6:41:00 PM   
Can someone please teach me how to migrate public folder from ex2k to ex2k3?
a)use replication public folder in the esm
b)use Exchsync?
c)use pfMigrate?
d)or .........

I try the a) and b) and get nothing in the new server. c) looks like a tool to migrate from ex5.5 to ex2k3.

Please Please Please tell me what I should do. Thank you so much.
  Post #: 1
RE: how to migrate public folder from ex2k to ex2k3? - 9.Aug.2004 8:10:00 PM   
Zelandakh

Depends on the situation. If they are linked, replication. If the servers are not linked, I often find it is easier to use PST files.

Or invest in Aelita Recovery Manager which does a sort of exmerge from store to store or store to PST. More to the point it lets you extract public folders from windows NT backups of stores.

Not handy at all unless your users decide to delete piles of public folders and it saves rebuilding a DR server.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: how to migrate public folder from ex2k to ex2k3? - 10.Aug.2004 5:20:00 PM   
Thank you so much for the reply Nick!

I will try the pst way first.

In fact both my server in the same admin group, I used the replication way have the same result as jamesquintin and mack(who post at http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=19)

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> how to migrate public folder from ex2k to ex2k3? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter