• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2000 -> 2003 Interorg Migration/Consolidation

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Exchange 2000 -> 2003 Interorg Migration/Consolidation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2000 -> 2003 Interorg Migration/Consolidation - 12.Sep.2004 7:02:00 AM   
Hi All,

I need some advice from the Exchange GODS here. "[Wink]"

I'm about to embark on a little adventure in the next two weeks to do a SLOW exchange 2000 to 2003 (in different Orgs) Migration/Consolidation.. Meaning, I want to only move a few users at a time, not the entire datastore. My boss wants to move a handfull of users to our larger Exchange 2003/Different Org/Different domain server...

I've setup a trust between the domains, but arent sure how Im going to get the users mail delivered to the other server after I move them... "[Frown]"

Ive seen alot of differnt products out there, but can't find one that fits my needs.

Any Ideas Guys?

Thanks Again!
Kevin
  Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2000 -> 2003 Interorg Migration/Consolidation - 12.Sep.2004 7:15:00 AM   
Wow.. Just typing that made me come up with a great idea!

OK, Tell me if this is a bad idea or not..

I PST the users mailbox and import it onto the new server, then I forward their mail to their new account on the new server (we are hosting multiple domains on the new server). Their account on the new server maintains their old email address as the primary (just for sending).. I realize that this will create a big old stupid for getting this done, but once I'm done moving all the accounts, I'll just repoint the MX record for the old domain name and shutdown the old Xchange server too.... [Big Grin]

Think this will work? or should I just go to sleep for the night? [Big Grin]

Thanks again!

KevinM

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2000 -> 2003 Interorg Migration/Consolidation - 12.Sep.2004 1:27:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

That should work (as long as you forward their emails to a new email adress (new SMTP domain name adress)that is not hosted at the original exchange server

[ September 13, 2004, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Leif Pedersen ]

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange 2000 -> 2003 Interorg Migration/Consolidation - 14.Sep.2004 5:31:00 PM   
alanmara

only follow one of this KB:
KB328809
KB316886

BYE

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Exchange 2000 -> 2003 Interorg Migration/Consolidation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter