• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 -> W2K3 Exchange 2003 Question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 -> W2K3 Exchange 2003 Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 -> W2K3 Exchange 2003 Ques... - 22.Sep.2004 9:36:00 PM   
Theritchieman

Hello,

We are thinking about a Windows / Exchange 2003 migration. No i have the following questions:

Our current envoirement is a Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 Active Directory Forest. The old envoirement is a complete mess, so I want to migrate to a New Forest based on Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003.

During that migration it's important that users (2500) can sill access resources in the old envoirement and that SMTP mail send to @company.com is still deliverd in both envoirements (old and new) is there someone who can give me some tips or links to articles?

I was thinking about the following migration path:

First build a new W2K3 AD -> Move all the groups of users to that new AD Forest -> Make a trust between the "old" and the "new" envoirement and assign the users in the new forest permissions old one for the resources (mailboxes /application servers and fileservers).

Is this a good path or do I need to use another one?

Thanks a lot
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 -> W2K3 Exchange 2003 ... - 24.Sep.2004 12:07:00 PM   
mark@mvps.org

I don't know if you need advice in setting up a new forest, but doubt it.
All you really need to think of that you might not already know is this http://support.microsoft.com/?id=278888
Associated External Account will let you assign a new account structure and then link the old account into the mailbox in the new forest.

(in reply to Theritchieman)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 -> W2K3 Exchange 2003 Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter