• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

xan you set up an interogranizational connection with ADC wizard?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> xan you set up an interogranizational connection with ADC wizard? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
xan you set up an interogranizational connection with A... - 19.Oct.2004 11:01:00 AM   
furble

Hi

I have an Exchange 5.5 Server on NT4 sitting in it's own domain.

The company i am working for decided to setup a large infrastructure, and have now setup Win and Exch 2003 servers.

They built a Exch 2003 server and shipped it out to me, the Exch 2003 server is in it's own domain and different Exchange organization.

What i need to do is migrate all users across as well as public folders as painlessly as possible.

I thought i would be able to set up an interorganizational connection using the ADC wizard but i get an error on step 4.

"The organization o=EXCHANGE 2003 TEST is already installed into this forest but the configured 5.5 server is a member of organization o=NT4.

Please choose a 5.5 server in the correct Org."

Do i have to set up the interorg connection manually? And if so can someone point me towards an MS article, i set one up on my test server, but only got replication going one way.

Or would it be better for me to build a 3rd server, join the 5.5 site, migrate users/public folders, and then migrate from that server to the pre built server.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
furble
Post #: 1
RE: xan you set up an interogranizational connection wi... - 19.Oct.2004 11:53:00 AM   
Andy Mac

Hi
Instead of using the ADC tools wizard (step 4 ?) create one manually ensuring you tick "this is an inter-organisational agreement" on the advanced tab.
I'm doing something similar and get an identical error if I use the wizard.
Hope this helps.

(in reply to furble)
Post #: 2
RE: xan you set up an interogranizational connection wi... - 19.Oct.2004 12:09:00 PM   
furble

Thanks Andy Mac

Appreciate the quick response.

I've been trying to do this in my test bed scenario, and got half way when i got hit by a virus. Trying to clean it off now and run it again.

The same organization migration seems so much smoother than the interorg 5.5 to 2003 migration.

Does anyone know if it is hard to have an Exchange 2003 organization join a different Exchange 2003 organization?

Can someone let me know how many Exchange organizations i can have in one AD.

Thanks
furble

(in reply to furble)
Post #: 3
RE: xan you set up an interogranizational connection wi... - 19.Oct.2004 8:44:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

You can only have one Exchange organization in one AD but this exchange org can host multiple SMTP domains if that is what you are looking for - see http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html

If you need to synchronize 2 or more windows active directory forest you can have a look at this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9143610-c04d-41c4-b7ea-6f56819769d5&displaylang=en

(in reply to furble)
Post #: 4
RE: xan you set up an interogranizational connection wi... - 2.Nov.2004 6:08:00 AM   
IHateExchange

Hello there,

In this senario, run Setup with the switch removeorg (Setup /removeorg) then run forestprep, domainprep, and ADC again.

Restart the computer and the old organization name is a "gonner".

I hope this helps.

(in reply to furble)
Post #: 5
RE: xan you set up an interogranizational connection wi... - 2.Nov.2004 11:34:00 PM   
MSRyman

Do the users from the old NT 4 domain already log on to an acct in the AD Forest?

or

Do you need to migrate "move" those users to the AD Forest and retain SID History

It changes the scenario I will provide by quite a bit.

(in reply to furble)
Post #: 6
RE: xan you set up an interogranizational connection wi... - 2.Nov.2004 11:36:00 PM   
MSRyman

Here's an idea for IHateExchange maybe go tot he discussion groups for send mail...chumP

(in reply to furble)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> xan you set up an interogranizational connection with ADC wizard? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter