• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Windows server 2003 upgrade

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Windows server 2003 upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows server 2003 upgrade - 17.Nov.2004 12:47:00 AM   
RichardPhippen

Hello, I am looking for some information that I can't seem to find else where. I currently have a test domain that is running W2kSP4 on the DC and on the Exchange server, which is running Exchange server 2003. I am upgrading the DC to W2K3 and would like to do the same the Exchange server.
Do I just need to run forestprep followed by domainprep? Or are there other steps that need to done before hand. The reason I ask is because someone told me that when they did almost the same upgrade they needed to mod the reg and that there were other steps that they did when running adprep.
Any feed back would be great. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Windows server 2003 upgrade - 28.Nov.2004 4:23:00 PM   
rytmehans

Hi,

If the domain has been prepped to run Exchange 2003 you should be able to run adprep /forestprep and adprep /domainprep and then upgrade both servers tpo W2K3 without any problems.

As always be sure to have valid backups before proceding.

(in reply to RichardPhippen)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Windows server 2003 upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter