• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

X500 over internet

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> X500 over internet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X500 over internet - 26.Apr.2005 12:01:00 PM   
chrisbicknell

Hi all,

I tried this post under general, but missed out some points so will start all over again here!

Am migrating from 5.5 to 2003, currently most mailboxes are held on 2003 servers, although all email is routed to internet via 5.5 servers.

For some reason i have a user who, when he send s emails out over the internet, his email address is appearing as an x500 address instead of an smtp address as with most others.

I have attempted to recreate his mailbox but has not changed anything.

I decided to try and create a mialbox via a non mailenabled user, check that mails flow fine to the internet using an smtp address, and then attempt to connect that mailbox to the user with the problems and try sending emails to see for sure whether it is a mailbox issue or user account issue. Thing is when i created a mailbox for another person, and then sent out a test email, the email was also sent with an x500 address (boohoo).

Please any one can you shed some light on what is happening here. Why is it only happening with a couple of users, why would it happen with a user who has never been mailenabled, has never had email attributes, and has freshly been mailenabled. Out of 8000 users why have i only seen the problem with these two, why have i not picked up on the problem with anyone else?

So many questions.

Please help, if i had any hair i would be pulling it out.......... (hence my alias!)
Post #: 1
RE: X500 over internet - 26.Apr.2005 12:10:00 PM   
chrisbicknell

New update for everybody...

With the newly mailenabled user, we have just tried a test email again, which has come through smtp! obviously replication had not been completed previously.

But still anyone please help me with the problem, as i fear that i may start growing hair due to the stress this is causing me.

Also i don't think that matching the new mailbox to the problematic user account is going to solve the issue at all. It may just prove that the problem lies somewhere deep within the accounts attributes.

(in reply to chrisbicknell)
Post #: 2
RE: X500 over internet - 26.Apr.2005 12:22:00 PM   
chrisbicknell

For info....

Just thought i would run a trace on the messages to see if the x500 address emails are handled any different from the smtp address emails, but both are handled exactly the same. I know a long shot, but right now i am willing to try anything.

I will be posting any further information which i obtain.

(in reply to chrisbicknell)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> X500 over internet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter