• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Shutting Down 5.5 Q about Public folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Shutting Down 5.5 Q about Public folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shutting Down 5.5 Q about Public folders - 12.May2005 4:41:00 PM   
mcseoc

We have moved all of the exchange 5.5 mailboxes, migrated all users to the new AD Domain.

The public folders had replicas on both the 5.5 and E2k3 server. Using system manager I have been going into the properties of each Public Folder, replication, and removing the 5.5 replica.

Is this sufficient to move the public folders before shutting down the 5.5 server. I have gone through the steps in KB article 822450, however it referencess using the public folder migration tool. Seems unneccasary since all have rplicated to the 2k3 box.

Any advice or gotchas to watch out for are appreciated. Plan on shutting down the exchange server temporarily first before removing it from the site.
Post #: 1
RE: Shutting Down 5.5 Q about Public folders - 12.May2005 4:45:00 PM   
ScottyFryer

Check the instances for the public folders on both servers and make sure the totals between the servers match up.

Were you able to do the Freebusy folder and OAB too?

(in reply to mcseoc)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Shutting Down 5.5 Q about Public folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter