• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mail routing and directory issues between a remote Ex5.5 Svr and a local Ex2003 Svr

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Mail routing and directory issues between a remote Ex5.5 Svr and a local Ex2003 Svr Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mail routing and directory issues between a remote Ex5.... - 13.Jul.2005 1:10:00 AM   
Riqsta

Howdy, I've recently installed a FE(OWA) and BE Ex2003 Srvrs with no problems. Migration went well, ADC configured and mail is flowing between the existing Ex5.5 Srvrs (one local, one remote).

Until the last couple of days a problem developed, where a user in the remote site sends mail to a user moved to the Ex2003 BE Srvr, the mail is not delivered. Initially an NDR was sent to the sender, I adjusted the NT Security Descriptor permissions in Admin5.5 raw mode on the remote Ex5.5 svr and now the sender gets no NDR. A user on the local Ex5.5 svr can recieve mail from remote Ex5.5 svr and vice versa fine.

Another issue I have is I now cannot connect to the remote Ex5.5 svr via Exchange System Mgr. The error message in Exchnge System Mgr is "MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 000004bd-0000-00000000. ID no: c10504bd" whereas before I could.

From what I've read either the ADC and/or SRS is not working between the local Exchange Svrs and the remote Ex5.5 svr. In the coming days the remote users will be moved to the Ex2003 Svr and I'm hoping that the problems I have will be solved but has anyone else had these problems.

Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Mail routing and directory issues between a remote Ex5.5 Svr and a local Ex2003 Svr Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter