• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Using CW client, ability to send to Internet transport...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Using CW client, ability to send to Internet transport... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using CW client, ability to send to Internet transport... - 28.Jan.2001 7:50:00 PM   
zzarg

Using the "Corporate or Workgroup" (CW) setup of Outlook 2000 / Exchange and it sends/receives
fine with Exchange.
I can also set it up to receive from a POP3 account using an Internet service BUT...
I can't send from a specific Internet account - all mail gets sent from Exchange.
I'd read that if I installed the Internet Account first, then I'd be able to use the
View/From to set the email address to send from ... but I just get an error saying
I'm not authorized.... and it's very klunky even if it did work !
With the IMO (and Express) I have an option to select the account I'm sending from...
it's like the CW version has been crippled deliberatly...
Any suggestions as to how I can work...
- I need to send/receive from Exchange (and appear to the other users as though there
is nothing 'strange' about my connection)
- I need to work with my Exchange calendar / address book etc
- I need to be able to send/receive to Internet accounts

Do I need to set up several profiles... one for Exchange, and one for the Internet
accounts.... and if so, how can I make sure that the Calendar and Tasks stay synchronized
?

Kinda unimpressed with MS for the deliberate crippliing of product... Outlook Express
can talk to Hotmail - the others can't; IMO and Express supports Nicksnames for email
resolution - CW doesn't.... what are they up to ?!

... please email me jeremy@rufan-redi.com if you have an answer to my plight !

Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Using CW client, ability to send to Internet transport... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter