Pop3 error : Logon Fialure - Uknown user of bad password (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General

rkappert -> Pop3 error : Logon Fialure - Uknown user of bad password (5.Mar.2001 11:56:00 AM)

When I try to connect Eudora with my Exchange Server with Pop3, i get an error.. : Logon Failure - Unknown user or bad password... I'm sure I spelled the Username and Password correct. This error doesn't occurs using my Administrator account. So I think i've got a security problem. I tried almost everything. In the Advanced Features under Active Users I enabled the Pop3 feature. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Rudy Kappert
The Netherlands

[This message has been edited by rkappert (edited 03-05-2001).]

Guest -> RE: Pop3 error : Logon Fialure - Uknown user of bad password (10.Mar.2001 8:24:00 PM)

I had the same problem when I tried to use POP3. I found that if I emailed the new user a test message, the pop3 functions then started to work. I hope that helps?

whisperedlies -> RE: Pop3 error : Logon Fialure - Uknown user of bad password (5.Jun.2003 8:58:00 PM)

I know this is an old topic, but it was never answered, and I had run into this problem, and it's possible other people have run into also, so, here's the answer!

Users should use this format for the username field in their POP3 client:

[domain NETBIOS name]\[windows username]\[mailbox name]

example:
MYDOMAIN\thisuser\thisusermailbox

Page: [1]