• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RE: Exchange 2K - won't deliver mail to loudeye.com

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> RE: Exchange 2K - won't deliver mail to loudeye.com Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exchange 2K - won't deliver mail to loudeye.com - 9.Apr.2002 9:10:00 PM   
May finally have a fix (to our problem at least).

We use Winproxy 4.x between Internet and our Exchange 5.5 server. This troubles Exchange 2000 (presumably something to do with DNS/MX - given all the suggestions to look there).

In early March, Ositis posted FAQ solution:

Based on Microsoft's Q312415 - they suggest disabling Winproxy's 'incoming proxy for smtp,' then changing the SMTP port to 26 (something other than 25) and then 'map' 25 to internal IP of Exchange 5.5 server.

If I understand correctly, this just lets Port 25 (SMTP) communication pass unfiltered through to Exchange server.

Do not know what this does to 'security' but am sure that Microsoft has a product to replace Ositis' if this is problem that Ositis cannot correct.

Still baffled as to E2k's ability to do everything but XEXCH50 binary transfer through Winproxy. Ironically, this means that 'only binary files' pass unfiltered...

At any rate...preliminary test from E2K site used XEXCH50 and go their message through.

Thanks to those who have offered help over past 6 months.

(in reply to steppin_razor)
  Post #: 41
RE: Exchange 2K - won't deliver mail to loudeye.com - 4.Oct.2002 8:28:00 PM   
I'm having the same problems and after a lot of research have come across Q303889. From everyting I see, the primary MX record is not responding when these emails go into retry, but the secondary etc are. I attempted mailing to the same domain with my lotus notes server, and it indeed got to the distant end; and showed in the logs that it first hit the primary mx and failed, then moved to the secondary mx.

According to this Q article, W2K SP3 is required. I'm leary of loading this due to many foul experiences I've heard since it's release, however it looks like it might be the answer. If I get lucky over the weekend, I'll repost.

(in reply to steppin_razor)
  Post #: 42

Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> RE: Exchange 2K - won't deliver mail to loudeye.com Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter