Beckup Exec 8.5 remote agent for exchange (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General

antcom -> Beckup Exec 8.5 remote agent for exchange (8.Jul.2001 10:14:00 PM)

I have 2 win2k Servers-
1) On the first (the on with the tape) I installed: backup Exec V 8.5 + Remote Exchange Agent 2000 (V 8.5)
2) On the second one (On which exchange 2000 is installed) I installed: 2000 Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 V 8.5

When I run Beckup Exec on the first Server and create a new backup job I can see the disks on Server 2 ű but I donĂt see the ˘M÷ disk (of the exchange) or any of the "Micorosft Exchange Mailboxes÷, also the Exchange Tab on the ˘backup job properties÷ is gray (cant chose the beckup method)
Both Servers run AD and the ˘Administrator÷ account has the rights for the exchange backup.

I know IĂm doing something rung, but I read the manual and I canĂt find what it is.

Bagging for helps ű yours in debt
Lagy ű antcomail@yahoo.com

Damian -> RE: Beckup Exec 8.5 remote agent for exchange (18.Jul.2001 12:00:00 AM)

I had the problem where I couldn't get my Veritas system to attach to the mailboxes. (I know, not the exact problem but kinda close)
I ended up having to keep the Exchange Admin tool open all the time, now I have no problems backing up my Exchange server.

------------------
-Damian

nouellette -> RE: Beckup Exec 8.5 remote agent for exchange (18.Jul.2001 1:07:00 AM)

Are you sure you aren't supposed to install the remote exchange agent on the exchange box and not the box with the tape?

Ironic -> RE: Beckup Exec 8.5 remote agent for exchange (18.Jul.2001 11:11:00 AM)

Try installing the Exchange System Manager on the server with the tape drive. Fixed it for me. It can be installed from the Exchange CD-ROM.

- Soren

antcom -> RE: Beckup Exec 8.5 remote agent for exchange (18.Jul.2001 4:08:00 PM)

Thanx a million - it worked !

quote:
Originally posted by Ironic:
Try installing the Exchange System Manager on the server with the tape drive. Fixed it for me. It can be installed from the Exchange CD-ROM.

- Soren

Page: [1]