• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error on OWA server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error on OWA server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error on OWA server - 4.Sep.2001 6:35:00 PM   
Here goes:

This is the error:HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. Heres some background info: I have one backend server, and a front end server in a DMZ behind a PIX firewall. At this point, the PIX is configured to allow all traffic from DMZ to the internal network. ISA is running on the network, but my backend server is allowed to go directly out the PIX. It is not configured to deal with the ISA server. I get inbound and outbound mail. DNS is hosted externally by a third party company. They host a record for mail.abc.org which points to the NATed IP address on the PIX. I have SSL set up on the front end server. It is also set up using basic authentication. I have tested the setup in the lab (as far as front end,backend with SSL) minus the firewall and ISA server. It worked fine. When I type in the URL from the internet, I get the certificate acceptance box. I click yes to accept it, and then I get the login box. I have tried every variation of domain\username possible. After I enter the appropriate credentials, it appears to be opening the user's mailbox. After one or two minutes, the HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable message appears. I have found an article in the Knowledge Base about deleting the davex.dll in IIS which is supposed to correct the problem. Nothing.
I need to get this problem corrected. Please help. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bob

Post #: 1
RE: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error on OWA server - 11.Sep.2001 8:30:00 PM   
mr_mongo

I too was getting the dreaded 503 service unavailable errors. This was my 3rd exchange 2k install behind an ISA server. I didn't have any problem the with the first two and I spent al least a week trying to figure out what was up, finally my frustration overcame me and I called Microsoft. After opening up and incident and rehashing many of the steps with them that I already had tried, they finally turned it over to their PC team. They came t the conclusion that they needed to get into my server. I opened up a port on my ISA and they got in an d solved the problem. I appears that the exoledb.dll doesn't register properly and they needed to modifications to the registry. They also mentioned that they have started seeing moe of these thype of errors cropping up. I have a copy of the registry key before and after they modified it.

Here is the bad;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c8b522d1-5cf3-11ce-ade5-00aa0044773d}]
@="MSDADC"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c8b522d1-5cf3-11ce-ade5-00aa0044773d}\InprocServer32]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\System\\OLE DB\\msdadc.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Both"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c8b522d1-5cf3-11ce-ade5-00aa0044773d}\ProgID]
@="MSDADC.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c8b522d1-5cf3-11ce-ade5-00aa0044773d}\VersionIndependentProgID]
@="MSDADC"

Here is the good one;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c8b522d1-5cf3-11ce-ade5-00aa0044773d}]
@="Microsoft OLE DB Data Conversion Library"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c8b522d1-5cf3-11ce-ade5-00aa0044773d}\InprocServer32]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\System\\Ole DB\\oledb32.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Both"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c8b522d1-5cf3-11ce-ade5-00aa0044773d}\ProgID]
@="MSDADC.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c8b522d1-5cf3-11ce-ade5-00aa0044773d}\VersionIndependentProgID]
@="MSDADC"

I know your configuration isn't the same as mine, but I hope this might help.

--Bill

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error on OWA server - 13.Sep.2001 9:01:00 PM   
Bill, thanks for the info. I havent had a chance to get to the client and try it. Does the key need to be changed on the front end server, the back end server, or both?
-BoB

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
RE: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error on OWA server - 14.Sep.2001 3:42:00 PM   
mr_mongo

I'm not sure, as I said before, my configuration isn't the same as yours. I'm using a single exchange server behind an ISA server.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error on OWA server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter